• Your qualified hearing specialist will begin by taking a short case history and will then examine your ear canals (Otoscopy)
• He will then assess your hearing level primarily by conducting an audiometric test (a computer aided hearing test).
• When the testing process is completed he will talk you through the results of your test.
• If hearing loss is present, your audiologist will explain the type of hearing loss you have and what can be done to help improve your hearing.
• If you are a suitable candidate for hearing aids he will explain the options available and the range of hearing instruments that are appropriate for your type and degree of hearing loss.
• You will be offered the option of a hearing aid demonstration. You also have an opportunity to ask the audiologist any questions you may have.
• If you decide to go ahead with treatment a further appointment will be arranged for your fitting. At this appointment your audiologist will apply your unique prescription to the hearing instruments and go through instructions on how to wear and take care of them.
• It is important to bring a family member with you to your appointment as a familiar voice can be a significant factor during the testing process.
Identifying and addressing hearing loss allows you to improve your quality of life at any age.
If you think you may benefit from a hearing test there is no better time to book one!
To celebrate the launch of the NEW Mcgreals Hearing Centre, we are pleased to offer FREE, no obligation Hearing Assessments.
Book your FREE hearing test today in store at Mcgreals Pharmacy in Blessington or phone 045 865 732.