Ear Wax Removal
Earwax is one of the more common causes of hearing loss and tinnitus, alongside age.
Symptoms include reduced hearing and a feeling of being blocked up. Fortunately, it’s also one of the easiest to treat, as long as the removal of the earwax is carried out by an experienced professional.
If earwax build-up is affecting your hearing or producing any other troublesome symptoms, we provide a safe and efficient service. Techniques employed are through irrigation (use of water) or through Micro suction.
Based on your assessment, we will decide the most appropriate way forward.
Symptoms Of Earwax Build-Up
If your ear is blocked with earwax you can have:
– difficulty hearing
– an ear infection
– sounds such as high-pitched tones coming from inside the ear (tinnitus)
Causes Of Ear Wax
You might have earwax build-up because:
– you just have more wax in your ears – some people do naturally.
– you have hairy or narrow canals (the tubes that link the eardrum and outer ear).
– of your age – wax gets harder and more difficult to fall out.
– of hearing aids, earplugs and other things you put in your ear – these can push the wax further in.
Types of ear wax removal services we offer
1. Microsuction earwax removal uses a vacuum to gently remove any excess wax from your ears. It’s one of the most effective services for cleaning your ears.
2. Ear syringing is a technique of removing earwax that involves pushing water through the ear canal to flush out the wax.