Earwax is one of the more common causes of hearing loss and tinnitus, alongside age.
Symptoms include reduced hearing and a feeling of being blocked up. Fortunately, it’s also one of the easiest to treat, as long as the removal of the earwax is carried out by an experienced professional.
If earwax build-up is affecting your hearing or producing any other troublesome symptoms, we provide a safe and efficient service. Techniques employed are through irrigation (use of water) or through Micro suction.
Based on your assessment, we will decide the most appropriate way forward.
If your ear is blocked with earwax you can have:
– difficulty hearing
– an ear infection
– sounds such as high-pitched tones coming from inside the ear (tinnitus)
You might have earwax build-up because:
– you just have more wax in your ears – some people do naturally.
– you have hairy or narrow canals (the tubes that link the eardrum and outer ear).
– of your age – wax gets harder and more difficult to fall out.
– of hearing aids, earplugs and other things you put in your ear – these can push the wax further in.