Roasted Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- 500g sweet potatoes
- 250g carrots
- 2 onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 100ml crème fraiche
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1L vegetable stock
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C. Peel and cut the sweet potatoes and carrots and place into a roasting tin. Drizzle with vegetable oil.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven for 30 minutes, until softened.
- In a large saucepan, fry the chopped onions and garlic until golden. 4. Add the vegetable stock and simmer for 10 minutes until the onions are soft and set aside.
- When the roasted vegetables are cooked and cooled, add them to the large saucepan.
- Using a hand blender, blend until it is the desired consistency.
- Stir in the crème fraiche and season to taste
Serve with homemade brown bread
Nutrition per serving:
Energy 400kcal | Fat 15g | Carbohydrates 40g | Protein 9g