Flu Vaccination 2021/22
Now taking bookings
Who can get the flu vaccine?
Everyone can get the vaccine, with some rare exceptions:
• If you are unwell and have a temperature of 38°C or higher, you should wait until you are well before you receive the vaccine.
• You’ve had a serious allergic reaction to a flu vaccination or any of its ingredients in the past
• You’re taking a type of medication called checkpoint inhibitors
• You have extremely low levels of a type of white blood cell, called neutrophils
Who should get the flu vaccine?
There are certain groups of people who are recommended to get the flu vaccination every year, as follows: including anyone who:
• Aged 65 and over
• Is pregnant
• Has a long-term medical condition such as diabetes, heart, kidney, liver, lung or a neurological disease
• Has cancer
• Has a weakened immune system
• Has a Body Mass Index (BMI) over 40
• Has haemoglobinopathy
• Has Down syndrome
• Cares for someone who is at risk of flu due to a long-term health condition
• Lives in the same house as someone who is at risk of flu due to a long-term health condition
• Healthcare Workers
How much is the flu vaccine?
For adults aged 18 to 64 years who are not in an at-risk group as specified by the HSE, the price for the flu vaccine is €30.
Am I eligible for a free winter flu vaccination?
The following people are eligible for a free vaccination:
• People aged 65 years and over
• If you are pregnant
• If you meet the criteria of the HSE Recommended Groups for Influenza Vaccinations 2021/2022
Flu Vaccination Program
The best way to help protect yourself and others from catching and spreading the flu, is to get the flu vaccination every year. Our Service is a simple and convenient way to help protect yourself against the flu. The flu vaccine is administered by injection and is available for those aged 2 and over in all our pharmacies.
We have limited numbers available, please contact your pharmacy below for more information:
- Main Street Blessington – 045-865 197
- Primary Care Blessington – 045 900 806
- Lower Main Street Blessington – 045 891 918
- Baltinglass Pharmacy – 059 645 1103
- Newbridge Pharmacy – 045-430 550
- Portarlington Pharmacy – 057 864 2920
- Weir’s Pharmacy Mullingar – 044 934 8462