2 cloves of garlic
3 unsmoked bacon medallions
140g wholemeal pasta
75g quark cheese
1 stock cube (vegetable or chicken)
Pinch of salt and pepper
Parmesan (to serve)
1. Boil the kettle for pasta.
2. Chop the onions, garlic and mushrooms.
3. Cook the pasta as per instructions on the packaging.
4. While the pasta is cooking, heat a tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan.
5. Fry the onion and garlic until soft and golden. Add the mushrooms.
6. Add the stock and cook until the liquid has reduced.
7. In a bowl, mix the egg, quark cheese, salt and pepper.
8. Remove the onion, garlic and mushrooms from the heat.
9. When the pasta is cooked, in a bowl mix in with the onion, garlic and mushroom.
10. Slowly add in the egg mix.
11. Stir in the spinach (if using) and top with parmesan cheese.