Brown Soda Bread
450g wholemeal flour
100g plain flour
50g porridge oats
2 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
1 tsp bread soda
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. In a bowl, mix the flour, bread soda and salt together.
3. Stir in the egg and buttermilk.
4. Grease a bread tin using oil or butter.
5. Place the mixture into the tin and spread evenly.
6. Top with sesame seeds
7. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes. Tap the bottom of the tin. If it is hallow the bread is cooked.
Nutrition per serving
Energy 115kcal | Fat 1g | Carbohydrates 20g | Protein 4.4g